Online Coffee Shop has its registered address at Lavender Close, Vredekloof Heights, Cape Town, South Africa (Online Coffee Shop).
Online Coffee Shop is committed to complying with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (the Act) and to protecting your personal information and privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information Online Coffee Shop collects from you, or that you provide to Online Coffee Shop, will be processed by Online Coffee Shop. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Information we collect from clients and suppliers
We collect names, contact details, financial and tax information from clients and other personal information required for the purposes of carrying out our services and performing the contract we have with you.
We collect names, contact details, financial and tax information from suppliers, consultants and professional service providers so that we can place orders/instruct you and make payment in respect of any goods or services we receive. We do this on the basis of the intention of contracting with you or for the performance of a contract we have with you.
If you do not provide the information, this may affect our ability to perform our contracts with you.
Processing, protecting and transferring personal information
Personal information held by us is processed by appropriate members of staff for the purposes for which the information was provided. We may share your personal information within our organisation and outside the country of your residence with IT service providers, professional advisors such as accountants and government bodies/regulators for the purposes of:
- Complying with a legal obligation;
- Our legitimate interest in the effective running of our business; or
- Carrying out the contract we have with you or negotiating a contract with you.
All our third party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We take appropriate technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of your personal information including policies and procedures around use of technology and devices, IT security, document retention and destruction and data breach procedures. Only persons within our organisation which require your personal information for the performance of their work have access to that information and we do not transfer your information outside of the organisation or your resident country unless we are satisfied that the personal information will be afforded an equivalent level of protection.
Some of our systems are provided by third parties (for example, hosted databases and newsletter, website, survey providers and cloud storage providers). This is always subject to contractual assurances that personal information will be kept securely and only in accordance with our specific directions. We do not share or sell personal information to other organisations for their own purposes.
Retention of your Data
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it is needed and in compliance with applicable law. We determine retention periods in respect of information we hold based on:
- Legal obligations relating to minimum periods to retain data;
- The purposes for which we process the personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means;
- Whether the information is required for reporting and analysis purposes relating to our operations;
- The amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information; and
- The potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the personal information.
Your rights in relation to your information
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request deletion or destruction of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Withdraw consent to our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information on the basis of your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent.
- Right to not be subject to automated decision-making.
Should you have any queries regarding this privacy notice or would like to enforce any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws, please contact us at:
Lavender Close, Vredekloof Heights, Cape Town, South Africa
We will endeavour to respond to any such requests as soon as is reasonably practicable and in any event within statutory time-limits in the applicable country. In some instances, we may be able to charge a fee for responding to your request and will advise you of this and any applicable amount prior to responding.
You should be aware that certain information is exempt from the right of access. This may include information which identifies other individuals, or information which is subject to legal privilege.
You should also be aware that in some instances, if you do not provide information or you exercise any rights regarding the deletion or restriction of your information or object to the processing of your information or withdraw consent, we may not be able to process your application (for a scholarship or job or otherwise), continue funding your scholarship or use your services.
Where you request access to your information, we are required by law to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before doing so. These measures are designed to protect your information and to reduce the risk of identity fraud, identity theft or general unauthorised access to your information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, details of which are set out below:
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: [email protected]
General enquiries email: [email protected].
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes made to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on the website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this notice.
Updated May 2021