Probably the most important purchase you’ll ever make.
We are so convinced of this product that if you are not blown away with what is actually happening to the temps of your group head we will double your money back – we have certainly never made, and may never make a claim like this. It is a must-have first buy to improve your skills.
Group Head Thermometer E61 – Coffee Sensor.
The purpose of the sensor is to indicate valuable information to the coffee machine user, like the group head idle temperature and the water temperature just near the coffee puck.
You’ll be able to see the temperature while idle, during and after flushing as well as throughout the extraction process.
No more guessing how long to flush your HX machine (heat exchanger machine) – you’ll be able to monitor the exact temperatures giving you way more consistent shots.
Got a dual boiler machine – get 1 too – you’ll be amazed to see what is actually happening to the temperature in real time.
Features and benefits:
- Single body stainless steel adapter that makes this product one of the safest of its kind. Because there are no joints / bolts into the adapter, accidental torn and hot water splash can not occur.
- Digital thermometer with Celsius / Fahrenheit switch button. Working temperature of the thermometer: between -50 and 200 degrees.
- Two copper sealing washers offered into the box (one spare), that are highly resistant to friction and high temperature for longer periods of time than classical rubber or Teflon washers.
- One battery.
- Full installation kit and written instructions in the box. The installation kit consists of one Allen key, one fix 10 mm key and two copper sealing washers (one spare).
- General size: 37 mm width x 61 mm length (including stainless steel adapter).
- Front overall size: 37 mm diameter.
- LCD display size 20 x 7.5 mm.
Works on E61 heads with an M6 Hex screw.
The installation of the Coffee Sensor Thermometer doesn’t need special tools or high tech knowledge. Therefore, you just have to make sure the E61 coffee machine is turned off and cooled down. Remove the Allen head located just on front of the group head and replace it with our product. No need for Teflon tape, sealant, cutting or any sort of adaptations. Everything you need to install our product is located in the retail box. The most important thing is to make sure that your coffee machine model has an E61 exposed group head.
Please understand that the Coffee Sensor Thermometer is located just near the coffee puck, at a maximum of 1.25″ above. So the readings the sensor gives you are a little bit different comparing to the actual temperature of the water that hits the puck. Feel free to add a maximum 2 degrees Celsius above the readings to calculate a more realistic extraction temperature.
Depending of the construction type of your coffee machine, the readings can vary between different espresso machine manufacturers. Usually the difference is into the angle of witch the sensor is inserted into the group head.
Test with a blind filter to detect and leaks before bringing the machine to temperature.